Entrepreneurial Business Seminar Series
5:30-7:30 PM (generally, third Thursday of each month)
1176 Tourmaline Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
The Entrepreneurial Business Seminar Series is organized by Paul Meyer of CXOTech, a CFO-services and consulting group. Finance and accounting executives of local life science companies off the 101 Corridor meet to network about finance-related topics ranging from raising venture capital, obtaining grant funding, or managing key cost areas such as lab costs (including technical labor), or intellectual property legal costs, etc. An expert on the chosen subject will present an interactive presentation and/or discussion on the topic, with ample opportunity for everyone for Q/A. This group meets on the third Thursday of every month (except August and December).
The Entrepreneurial Business Seminar Series covers a wide range of topics that are useful to both start-ups and established companies. The information offered by this series is a valuable tool for entrepreneurs looking to start or improve their own businesses, as well as scientists, engineers, and community members who wish to learn more about the business side of science and technology.
Mike Lilly and Paul Meyer of Early Growth Financial Services are among the many guest speakers who present seminars on business development and finance.
August 31, 2017 – SoCalBio Business Networking and Seminar
- June 22, 2015 – Gary Wayne Clark, Venture Capitalist and Angel Investor presented “Angels, VCs, and Other Early-Stage Investors”
- May 21, 2015 – Matthew D. Carlson, CIC and Vice President of Risk Strategies Company presented “Insurance 101 for Start-ups”
- April 16, 2015 – Anthony Miller and Steve Pershing from TriNet presented “Trends in Compensation / Benefits & Hiring in the Life Sciences”
- March 19, 2015 -Albert Oaten, Co-Founder and VP of Market Development at SecureDocs, Inc., presented “CyberSecurity for The Rest of Us: Why and How Small Life Science, Legal, and Finance Companies Can Protect Themselves At Almost No Cost Or Time”
- February 19, 2015 – Jonathan Pearce with SoCal IP presented “NDA’s; what to expect when you’re expecting”
- January 15, 2015 – Ryan Azlein, Partner at Stubbs Alderton & Markiles presented “Fundraising 101”
- July 17, 2014 – “From Friends to Frenemies – Would Your Best Friend Make a Good Business Partner?” presented by Panda Kroll
- May 15, 2014 – “To LLC or Not to LLC,” presented by Ryan Azlein, corporate attorney for Stubbs Alderton
- April 17, 2014 – “The Biggest Risks in the First Five Years for a Life Science Company and How to Insure Them,” presented by Maria Thayer, B&B Premier Insurance Solutions
- March 20, 2014 – “Healthcare Venture Capital Investing in 2013,” presented by Brett Maver, Silicon Valley Bank
- February 20, 2014 – “10 Ways to Finance a Tech Company,” presented by Paul Meyer, Managing Partner, Greater L.A. Region TechCXO LLC
- January 16, 2014 – “Save Your Equity, Use Equipment Financing Instead,” presented by Glen Reneau of Fidelity Capital Partners